|(World Plates)(USA)(Washington D.C.)|
US-1 on Lincoln Cosmopolitan Convertible
This car was commissioned by President Harry S Truman in 1950. This car - a long wheel base Lincoln Cosmopolitan Convertible – was made by the Ford motor company and leased to the Secret Service for a nominal fee. President Dwight D Eisenhower had a large 'Bubbletop' canopy added in 1954 after realising that he couldn't be seen when it rained and the top was up. This car remained in presidential service until 1965 when it was retired to the Henry Ford Museum.
Queen Elizabeth II rode in this car in a presidential motorcade parade up Pennsylvania Avenue on her way to the White House when she visited Washington D.C. in October 1957.
The car has the number plate US-1.
Seen at the Goodwood Festival of Speed 2012.